The sound of the S4 - World Articles
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <!-- Tips and trik --> <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px" data-ad-client="ca-pub-7809109688935567" data-ad-slot="3623973739"></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script>

The sound of the S4

Every morning as I get in my car to leave for work, I see my neighbour from a few doors down pulling out in his new Audi S4. I always delay getting in to my car so that I can hear him pull off; the sound of the V6 Supercharged engine at 6:30am always puts a smile on my face. I’m a petrol head, there, I said it. I went with him to buy used Audi S4 in Oxford a couple of years ago. 

During the summer months my neighbour and I often take our cars round the back and wash them and chill with a can of beer. We both love our Audis and have mutual respect for each other’s cars. I used to have an S4 but I recently traded that in for a S5 as my kids are now grown up and no longer need lifts from me! 

The S4 uses a 3-litre TFSI V6 engine, producing 328bhp and 325lb of torque. It can do 0-62mph in 5.1 seconds, as is the norm now a day it is electronically limited to 155mph. My neighbour drove over to Germany last summer and while he was there he got his car de-restricted so that he could “stretch its legs” on the autobahn. My neighbour drove over to Germany last summer and while he was there he got his car de-restricted so that he could “stretch its legs” on the autobahn. 

Although the S4 is all about power and performance it does have very impressive fuel consumption and CO2 figures. On a combined cycle it can return 29.1 MPG and emit 225g of CO2 per Kilometre. My neighbour has the S-Tronic gearbox which further improves fuel economy to 30.1 MPG and 219 grams of CO2 per Kilometre – not bad for a high performance saloon.


by: Whitescot

READ MORE ARTICLES :

0 comments:

Post a Comment